I have been taking a lot of pictures of random moments here in Morocco and, considering that I don´t really know the story behind what happens in the photos, I didn´t really know how to share them.
That´s when I decided that posting them is anyway important, because they show how rural Morocco is different from the fancy touristic pictures we take in the big cities or in the desert: this is Morocco too.
The following four pictures have been taken during my morning walks to get to work. So, here is something you need to know about this part of Morocco:
- when it´s the saison des dattes you find boxes full of dates everywhere you go (this means that there are plenty of boring flies as well)
- the police doesn´t really care if on your tiny motorbike you put plenty of huge boxes
- you see more donkey than cars
- women are usually the only ones working hard (and men sit at the bar: chivalry is dead)
- here they wash their clothes and carpets, leave them a couple of days outside to dry and then take them back inside. But we are close to the desert and the mountains, many streets are not paved and the dust is everywhere: once they take theirs things back inside they have to be washed all over again.
Enjoy! I am going to post new postcards soon!